SERVPRO Offers Quality Professional Fire and Smoke Damage Cleanup, Mitigation, Restoration and Reconstruction Services
SERVPRO is the Right Choice for Fire, Smoke and Soot Damage Cleanup and Restoration Following a Long Island Property Home or Business Fire
Electrical fires are a leading cause of structural fires and property damage to Suffolk County private and commercial property. Home and Business owners are using more electrical appliances and equipment each day, many local homes and businesses were not designed for our ongoing and ever-growing electrical consumption needs. It’s easy to take for granted the power coming from our walls but if you’ve ever tried to switch on the microwave while the oven, dishwasher and coffeemaker were on before a family dinner and the lights shut off, you’ve created an electrical circuit overload.
This residential fire damage cleanup and restoration project was the aftermath of a fire that started in the family room. When our crews arrived quickly, on the same day as the property damage event there was significant smoke and soot damage throughout the entire home. The homeowners were surprised how quickly the smoke and soot damage traveled. If an electrical overload has caused fire, smoke and soot damage to your home or business, you need the professional assistance of a disaster restoration company. Choosing SERVPRO for your restoration needs, you’re working with professional remediation specialists with the proper training and experience to clean up damages from fire, including smoke and soot. Our fire damage restoration team works quickly to restore your home or business, “Like it never even happened.”
Circuit breakers play an important part in preventing fire damage in every property's electrical system.
When the current of electricity going through a circuit is too much for it to handle, an electrical overload can happen. Usually, it occurs when you have too many devices plugged into a single circuit, but it can happen with older homes if you are trying to run an appliance that uses excessive energy. Acting as an important safeguard, a circuit breaker will “trip” shut off the electric flow, protecting your home or business from an electrical circuit overload that can cause the circuit to overheat, which could cause damage to appliances and ultimately result in a fire. While circuit breakers are reliable and do a good job preventing residential and commercial fires due to overloads, if the power surges are excessive, they can, over time, result in electrical fires.
The three most common causes of a “tripped” circuit breaker are:
- Overloaded Circuit
- Short Circuit
- Ground Fault
Typically, electrical fires are at their peak during the winter months with additional lighting and heating equipment creating the most common concerns. It’s becoming more important to continue to practice electrical safety all year long air conditioners, mini fridges, pool equipment and outdoor appliances can all contribute to circuit overloads throughout Spring and Summer.
Signs of Overloaded Circuits
The most obvious sign of an electrical circuit overload is a breaker tripping and shutting off all the power to your Long Island property. Other signs can be less noticeable; buzzing sounds, burning smells, and unusually warm devices also can indicate other wiring problems, such as loose connections or short circuits. If any of these problems persist after you’ve taken steps to prevent circuit overloads, contact an electrician.
- Dimming lights, especially if lights dim when you turn on appliances or more lights.
- Buzzing outlets or switches.
- Outlet or switch covers that are warm to the touch.
- Burning odors from outlets or switches.
- Scorched plugs or outlets.
- Power tools, appliances, or electronics that seem to lack sufficient power.
Following a residential or commercial property fire from a circuit overload, or other fire disaster. It’s important to contact your local SERVPRO of Medford for professional fire property damage cleanup and restoration help and services, our first step is to assess the damages.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
When you experience fire or smoke damage to your local New Jersey home or business you might not be sure what steps to take next. Once the fire department has left and you have called SERVPRO, wait for the professionals to arrive, our fire damage remediation specialists will guide you through the fire property damage disaster restoration process. No restoration project is too big or too small, SERVPRO professionals are always ready to answer your property damage help call.
- Initial Inspection- One of our trained managers will come inspect your property for damages and see how intensely the fire/smoke affected your home and determine with you and/or your adjuster what steps need to be taken next.
- Structure/Content Clean- Depending on what has been determined in step one, SERVPRO will start the process of cleaning and restoring your home and/or contents, including cleaning walls and ceilings, personal belongings, ducts, etc.
Restoration & Reconstruction
Residential or Commercial Fires often causes significant structural damage and often require repairing and rebuilding your property. SERVPRO of Medford offers comprehensive reconstruction services for both residential and commercial properties our professionals are uniquely qualified and prepared to meet your reconstruction needs. Our construction team works quickly and effectively, working with you to survey the extent of the damage, develop a plan for reconstruction, and assess whether your property is safe to occupy. Our SERVPRO crews are ready to undertake reconstruction projects of any size, structural repairs and rebuilding may only involve a portion of your property, or in some cases a complete rebuild may be necessary.
Contact our restoration staff today if your property has been damaged and needs repairs or construction services.
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.