SERVPRO is here to help minimize seasonal allergens with professional cleaning services
As spring allergy season approaches, our professional cleaning services can improve your health by reducing allergens in your property. Many American adults and children suffer from asthma or allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, the symptoms of both can be triggered by dust mites, mold, and other allergens often found in air ducts. Allergies, according to the CDC, are the 6th leading cause of chronic illness in the U.S.
Benefits of Air Duct & HVAC Cleaning
Like furnaces and air conditioners, air ducts require proper cleaning and maintenance to perform at their best. Keeping ducts free of dust and debris can also help reduce your energy bill and improve air quality in your home/business. More frequent duct cleaning is recommended if you have indoor pets or are sensitive to indoor air quality issues for example you suffer from asthma. You should also have your ducts cleaned if you have recently renovated your home or business, as this will increase the amount of dust in your forced air system. It’s also recommended to have your HVAC system and air ducts cleaned and services following a property damage event.
Having your ducts cleaned can save you money in the long run, and create a better environment for your family, friends, employees, and your customers. Restore energy efficiency over time and reduce the possibility of microbial growth with ventilation cleaning services from SERVPRO of Medford.
Contaminants That Are Distributed Through Your Ducts
When considering a duct cleaning service, it is important to realize that your HVAC system is responsible for air circulation in your home. Some of the things that can cause irritation are:
- Pollen – Pollen is the number one cause of airborne allergies and your air duct system distributes it throughout your home if left uncleaned. Pollen is brought into your home on your clothes or through open doors and windows. Any pollen that makes it through your vent filters will simply be re-distributed by your HVAC, causing major problems for allergy sufferers.
- Dust Mites– Keeping your home dust-free is impossible if your HVAC is constantly spewing dust that has built up in your ducts. Dust mites are one of the most impactful irritants for allergy sufferers.
- Mold and Mildew– If moisture happens to enter your duct system, it can lead to mold and mildew development. If your ducts are moldy, it can spread spores throughout your property.
- Pet Dander– While we all love our pets, we don’t love the dander that spreads from their skin. Cleaning the dust with a duct cleaning service will help to prevent the redistribution of these contaminants by your HVAC.
DIY CLEANING TIPS to Help You Control Indoor Allergens and Improve Indoor Air Quality
The best way to improve your air quality is to get rid of the sources of allergens and irritants from your home or business. Take measures to avoid and reduce your contact with allergens. Also increase the flow of outdoor air into your home and reduce humidity as much as possible.
When you have environmental allergies, it can be hard to bring yourself to open a window, much less stir up dust, dirt, debris or pollen while cleaning your home or business.
Here are cleaning tips you may want to add to your regular routine to reduce indoor allergens
- Reducing dust-collecting clutter
- Regularly vacuuming carpeted floors with a double-bag or HEPA filter vacuum
- Dusting blinds and window treatments bi-weekly
- Regularly washing blankets and throw rugs
- Washing all bed linens in hot water every week
- Keeping counters and other hard surfaces clean and dry
- Getting all water damage restored quickly
However, duct cleaning is not always necessary. Our technicians will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your commercial or residential HVAC system.
Visual clues, like signs of mold and excessive dust around the air vents, can point to a need for cleaning. Otherwise, these additional concerns can indicate that your property could benefit from a professional cleaning.
- Has your property had a routine cleaning in the last 6-10 years, or sooner if you suffer from allergies or own pets.
- Is your property collecting dust even after you have done a regular cleaning?
- Do you notice allergy symptoms or asthma flareups when you turn on your heating/cooling system?
If indoor allergens are causing your seasonal allergies to flare up, a professional duct cleaning can remove irritants and improve overall air quality. A professional cleaning has many benefits to your property including reducing humidity and odors, our professionals are trained technicians, with state-of-the-art equipment and unique knowledge and experience. They will pay careful attention to the details that matter most when cleaning and restoring your property to a healthy work or living environment.