The benefits of planning ahead to mitigate property damage when a disaster strikes
With nearly 30 years of disaster restoration experience and a background in facility management, our founders have mentored and assembled a SERVPRO team of exemplary professionals capable of handling any size property disaster; no matter how complex the problem, they have a complete solution for cleanup, restoration, and repairs. Over his lengthy career, many owners and managers have expressed remorse about not being better prepared to manage and execute a plan for during an emergency and the recovery after a property disaster. According to the latest industry research, as many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster. Of the businesses that survive, most of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind.
Whether you manage retail, office, multi-family or industrial properties, every property manager should consider a well thought out emergency plan to be an essential part of their property management duties. In an ideal world you will, of course, never have to use it. However, should you ever find yourself in an emergency, knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize the extent of damage can affect your business.
A sound emergency management strategy saves time and money
After years of experience in the restoration business, we strongly recommend including these critical points when developing your property management emergency procedures.
- Be Ready to Respond
- Maintain All Safety Systems
- Keep Staff Informed and Involved
- Have a Trusted Recovery Partner
A solid emergency plan needs to address the aftermath of a property disaster. SERVPRO is a leader in the disaster restoration industry, and we are always here to help. By developing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action.
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile Advantage
Partnering with SERVPRO provides full-service recovery, available 24/7. Our Disaster Restoration Specialists can collaborate with your team to develop an action plan to minimize commercial property damages and get your business open faster.
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identification of the proper contacts for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
Our SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile, combines our knowledge and experience dealing with disaster restoration and the valuable details your team can contribute about your facility.