Recent Building Services Posts
The SERVPRO of Medford Construction Team can help Repair and Restore these 5 Common Property Damage Areas
Our building team can help restore and rebuild your long island property to a safe and welcoming home or business, again.
Putting your Long Island property back together after a disaster can be challenging, our construction team takes pride in helping restore and repair residential or commercial property after a fire, water or mold disaster! Restoring your Medford, Farmingville, Holbrook, Coram or other Brookhaven property, “Like It Never Even Happened” is important to us, making improvements after a disaster is common, and our professionals are also skilled at working with home and business owners to help navigate a rebuild or remodel, our team is here to help from disaster restoration to the final walk through after reconstruction.
5 COMMON PROPERTY DAMAGE AREAS
- Bathrooms suffer common water damage mainly because they are exposed to several water and plumbing sources including sinks and bathtubs/showers in a localized area.
- Kitchens can suffer damage from both water and fire hazards and can see major damage to floors, appliances, cabinets and counter tops.
- Basements are prone to water and mold damage from poor drainage and ventilation, both finished and unfinished basements can see major damage from storm and environmental leakage and flooding.
- Exterior Elements such as a roof, doors, windows and siding are all common locations to see property damage from weather, water, fire and mold. Whether damage is small or extensive, taking care of these problems immediately can minimize continued damage to your home.
- Floors commonly suffer water damage and can significantly affect your home’s overall safety and structure, leading to costly repairs.
These common areas are ideal places to look for upgrades or remodel options when your property suffers from storm, water, fire or mold damage. Our construction team can help you reimagine your space and restore and rebuild your long island home to a comfortable, safe and welcoming home or business, again.
- Open-Concept Living: Consider knocking down a wall, creating distinct groupings for the space, and make sure to leave plenty of negative space to help separate the areas and provide space for walking around and entertaining.
- Upgrading Windows, Lighting and Fixtures: Adding a new window, skylight or new light fixtures can brighten up your space and create more flow for enhanced natural light.
- Aesthetics: Color can unify and update a dated space, research color trends and find a style that fits your property. Adding wall art, throw pillows, and other accessories can make the space more welcoming.
- Finishing a Basement: A moisture-free and properly ventilated basement can provide additional living space that is an ideal location for an extra bedroom, home office or entertainment area, and don’t forget some additional storage
- Upgrading your kitchen or bathroom: Updated cabinets, replacing a tub or shower, and new fixtures will make a huge difference, also updating your flooring, backsplash or adding an island for additional counter space are a few options.
A fire, water or mold disaster can ruin your possessions and significantly affect the structure of your home or business, which can result in costly repairs.
Our team at SERVPRO of Medford is here to help, we are trusted leaders in the restoration industry and we have the expertise and manpower to address the damage and make repairs. We take pride in every detail of restoring your Medford, Farmingville, Holbrook, Coram or other Brookhaven property and getting your life back to normal as quickly as possible.
Your First Steps After a Disaster
You might feel overwhelmed after a disaster, but we are here to help rebuild your home!
It can be difficult to deal with the overwhelming amount of questions running through your head after a disaster strikes. Whether victimized by mold, fire, or water damage we find the first question people need to be answered is: what now?
Safety is always our first priority and it should be yours too. With that in mind, the first question that needs to be answered is if your home is safe to reenter. Disasters can lead to significant structural damage or can contaminate the air around you, making your home uninhabitable. Hopefully, if the house is deemed safe for your return you might think the next logical step is to begin the cleaning process. The best thing you can do is actually take photos of the mess. By documenting the damage done to your home and your belongings you are giving yourself evidence that can be used if there are any issues with insurance claims. Using a camera or your cell phone, try to take pictures of your home. If you lost your camera and phone in the disaster, or if your home is unsafe to a renter, give your SERVPRO of Medford professional a call.
By calling SERVPRO of Medford first we can document the damage on your behalf if needed. We will also be able to give you an honest assessment of the damage done to your home and let you know if going through insurance is your best course of action. The damage to your home may not be significant enough to involve the insurers. There is always a chance—with each claim submission—that your rates could be increased, your deductible doubled, or your policy canceled, leaving you vulnerable.
When submitting a claim to your insurer, they will frequently suggest companies for you to use. These “preferred vendors” typically have agreements in place with the insurance company. As a consumer, it is important to know that you are not obligated to use their vendors. You are allowed to use a company that you already know and trust.
While disasters are never good, they do give you an opportunity to rebuild your house into the home you always wanted. SERVPRO of Medford is ready to help you add that second bathroom you always needed, or the laundry room you’ve dreamed of. If you already loved your home, SERVPRO of Medford can help rebuild your home as if it never happened.
Rebuilding after a disaster.
After a disaster—whether it be a fire, water, or storm—damages your home you will need to rebuild and restore. For decades SERVPRO has been known for their ability to respond to a disaster and fix your home to “make it like it never happened”.
The first thing you must do after a disaster is take temporary protective measures such as placing roof tarps to prevent additional damage, and boarding up to secure the building and remove water and debris. Mold, smoke, fire, and water damage all have their own protocol for restoration and our experts know how to tackle each problem.
Once your home or building is secured and the hazards are removed you can start the rebuilding process; from the structure itself to preserving and restoring the treasured items inside your home—including heirlooms, art, and family photos. The professionals at SERVPRO of Medford can simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas. Having one qualified company for the entire process can save time and keeps costs low.
SERVPRO of Medford can provide this continuity by supervising a full range of restoration services that will bring a building back to full functionality.
- Board Up
- Carpet Repair and Installation
- Document Drying
- Dry Cleaning
- Drywall Installation
- Drywall Removal
- Electronics Restoration
- Fine Art Restoration
- Furniture Restoration
- General Contracting
- Hardwood Floor Repair
- HVAC Services
- Move Out
- Roofing Services
- Tree Removal
- And more!
If you are in need of construction services contact SERVPRO of Medford at (631) 732-4952.